I’ve a story I like to tell. It’s a band story, a bar story. Out of all the weird things that have happened to me, this one stands out for its Ozzy Osborne-like weirdness. I’ve been meaning to get it down in text for several years — for posterity if for no other reason. Frankly, I’m not sure if it works in any other format besides standing around at 2 AM, slightly intoxicated, and regaling friends with interesting personal stories. I’m going to give it a go, though.
The Emotron | fleshyorgans
Reblogging my own story here, just cause it’s fun. It’s a little NSFW
Seriously? The NFL used “Every Day is Like Sunday”? Was this the emo nfl?
20. Wendy’s – “Blister In The Sun” by Violent Femmes
19. Royal Caribbean – “Lust For Life” by Iggy Pop
18. AARP – “Everybody’s Happy Nowadays” by The Buzzcocks
17. Windows 95 – “Start Me Up” by The Rolling Stones
16. Lincoln – “Space Oddity” by David Bowie
15. Mitsubishi – “Uncontrollable…
So this is a song from the band I was in, circa 1995. It’s pretty terrible — we’re out of tune, the vocalist is flat and also sharp, and don’t even get me started on the EQ.
I still love how we brought the rock around 1:42, and then the song devolves into the lead singer just swearing randomly.
Download link! (0 plays)